Sunday 13 July 2008

Skin Deep - April 2008

I feel bad deep down that this is how I feel
And if I took that time to consider, I know it might not be real
This compelling emotion to find out the answer
or is it my bad characteristics of being a chancer?

What if when I dig deeper and discover its not what I thought
The things I was given, so incredible, cant be brought
I run my eyes across the familiar face
and wonder what is missing that I need to chase

The guilt that crushes me like a wave on a tide
But you just look at me and smile with your arms open wide
Could you begin to comprehend what it is I plan to do
And if you found out would you still stand by me through and through?

Little white envelope that held all the buried lies
I wonder if you I'd opened it whether you'd be surprised
When it dropped so silently through the door with a thud
It gave me a reason why I may have been misunderstood

If my eyes are not yours  and my lips are not his
How can I not want to know what started all this
Don't blame me for searching for a face that fits the bill
Only then will I know exactly how I feel

Lara Bloom

No comments: